Weather Station (Well kind of!)

Astronomy software or computer hardware that you need to help get a good nights viewing
cstone

Weather Station (Well kind of!)

Post by cstone » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Over the past few months I've been building a weather station as detailed here at Meteo Station.

Some of the key features are
  • Temperature
    Humidity
    Barometer
    Radiance
    Cloud Sensor
    Dew Point
    Graphs of the history
It uses an Arduino to collect the data from various sensors and a Linux server to generate and display a dashboard via a web interface. The intention was to use a raspberry pi but it seems there wasn't enough volts to power everything. They must of wired it up differently when they did there own install. So I've yet to find a use for the damn thing! :roll:
Attachments
1.jpg
Testing all the components on a bread board
1.jpg (123.41 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
2.jpg
Lowering the installation into the box
2.jpg (98.55 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
3.jpg
Solar panel to measure radiance an I.R temperature sensor to measure cloud cover. The IR was installed out of the box so it would not detect heat of the lid.
The white board was glued under the lid to reflect direct sunlight away from the temperature sensors.
3.jpg (157.56 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
4.jpg
Final Install. Thanks to Ross for suggesting the box.
4.jpg (126.72 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
5.jpg
All the sensors being fed into the Arduino. mounted indoors.
5.jpg (108.31 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
6.jpg
The Installation. There was suppose to a wall mounted raspberry Pi, but an old Dell GX260 will have to do.
6.jpg (110.1 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
7.png
Web Interface (Not Designed by Me)
7.png (19.18 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
Celestron 11" Telescope
Eq6 Pro Mount
Eq5 Mount
EQ Mod
QHY5 Guide camera
Cannon 1000D SLR Camera

I choose to image with an 11" SCT Celestron in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard......